We are a local neighbourhood community centre that provides services to residents of the Sutherland Shire.
Who We Are
We assist all members of the local community with information and referral services, groups and social inclusion activities with extra supports for those who are experiencing financial disadvantage or social isolation.
Operating on subsidies from both Sutherland Shire Council and the Department of Family & Community Services we are also heavily reliant on community donations and support from local business. We continually evaluating the needs of our local community and lobbying of both local and state governments for new services as the need arises across the Sutherland Shire.
- Community capacity building and community development – What are YOUR aspirations for YOUR community? We want to find out what sort of community you want to live so that we can help you create this community. If you are interested in joining in one of our community conversations please give us a call on 95218280.
- Emergency Relief is available to residents who live in the Shire. This program is for people who are in financial hardship and an income statement from Centrelink needed. Please ring for an appointment time if you feel you are eligible ad in need of assistance.
- Food parcels can be made available upon request.
- Free counselling service is available. Bookings are essential.
- Tax help is available to assist residents with their tax returns. This service is available from July to October. Please ring so that we can assess your assess eligibility.
- Information and referral is available via telephone, at the counter or by email.
- Volunteers are required for general office duties. We have a dedicated team of volunteers who work for us. If you would like to volunteer, please ring the office.
- Community Contact is a monthly publication in which we provide all kinds of interesting articles and information. This booklet is distributed through the Sutherland Library and chemists throughout the Shire. If you would like to receive a copy of this magazine, why not think about subscribing annually?
Volunteers are required for general office duties. All volunteers are trained and supervised by professional centre managers. We have a dedicated team of volunteers who work for us.
If you would like to volunteer, please ring our office.